Enhance Automotive Product Design with Pressure Mapping
Hover over the icons on the images shown below to learn about our diverse array of automotive pressure mapping applications.
Tekscan's tactile pressure and force systems measure the interface pressures between two mating surfaces, and are used throughout the automotive industry to assist engineers with test and measurement, research and development, and quality control applications.
Tekscan's patented sensor technology can assist with automotive seat comfort studies, measuring brake pad pressure distribution, tire tread patterns, wiper blade force profiles, and much more.
- Map interface pressure
- Provides key information including total force, peak pressures, and center of force
- EV engineering brings new design challenges
- Car profiles, weight distribution and passenger ergonomics need to be rethought for EV, fuel cell, and autonomous vehicle design
- Battery design requires a careful understanding of pressure at every phase and in each component of battery assembly
- A better understanding of surface behavior
- Design validation - verify structural integrity of lighter, fuel efficient, cost saving components
- Application specific automotive pressure sensors and software analysis tools:
- Tire, wiper, door seal, impact, engine gasket, brake, seat, and ergonomics
Measure the dynamic pressures that occur in and around various parts of an engine gasket for improved design.
Measure and analyze door and window seal pressure distribution.
Measure, view, and evaluate dynamic forces during fuel cell stack assembly.
Measure and evaluate static and dynamic pressures while grasping the steering wheel or other objects.
- Research & design, quality control, and manufacturing tool
- Improve yields
- Identify failure modes
- Reduce downtime
- Assist in machine set-up
- Vendor validation
General Purpose System
More Automotive Applications:
- Catalytic Converter
- Leaf Springs
- Coil Springs
- Hose Clamp
- Hose Crimp