Tire Bead Pressure Measurement with Tactile Pressure Sensors
The I-Scan™ pressure mapping system enables quick and accurate measurements of the bead seat/seal pressure profile of virtually any tire to wheel interface. Until the introduction of I-Scan, the only way to measure the tire bead profile was with expensive rim machines or by having specially instrumented wheels manufactured. The tire bead sensors easily instrument any tire and wheel interface, and accurately measure the bead pressure profile.
Knowing this pressure profile and how it changes under various conditions can assist in optimizing both tire and wheel designs. It also provides important test data needed for tire and wheel FEA model validation. Finally, a company can save time and money by reducing the need for expensive test equipment.
Tekscan’s patented, thin-film sensors are available in different shapes and pressure ranges, are reusable, and provide accurate pressure data. With the help of our highly qualified sales and engineering support team, each system can be configured to meet your specific needs. Learn more about the I-Scan pressure mapping system.
Tire Bead Pressure Measurement Applications
- Inboard and outboard beads
- Camber, slip, braking, and turning situations
- Vehicle overload conditions
- Tire over and under-inflation conditions
- Pressures during inflation, seating and tire rotation
Benefits of Using I-Scan™ for Tire Bead Pressure Measurement
- Tire and wheel FEA model validation
- Replaces the need for rim machines, specially instrumented wheels, and customized parts to test new designs
- Provides pressure information under various testing conditions quickly and easily
See how Pressure Mapping Technology can be a useful tool to help validate a seal on a product or device: