What are Tekscan's Computer Requirements?
For your Tekscan system to function properly, your computer must meet or exceed the following.
(Note: Dental system requirements can be found on the What are the dental T-Scan computer requirements? page)
Suggested Minimum Computer Requirements (desktop or laptop) for all Tekscan Systems:
- Windows Vista / 7 / 8 / 10. Note: Crossdrive systems compatible with 64-bit only
- 1 CD ROM drive and at least 1 available USB 2.0 or higher port
- Internal or external Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n) adapter (for VersaTek Wireless systems only)
Requirements for Optional Video Synch Features (in addition to the above requirements)
- Additional 20 GB Hard drive space (ATA-33, 7200 RPM speed) on the main computer
- Firewire (iLink or IEEE1394) or USB port on the main computer
- Digital Video camcorder with Firewire (iLink or IEEE1394) or USB connection, or webcam with USB connection. Note: Camcorders connected via USB cannot record simultaneously with Tekscan movie (*.fsx) files. You can, however, import these videos separately into the Tekscan software and synchronize them after they are imported.
- Requirements for HD Video Playback: Pentium P4 class PC (2.4 GHz or higher)