FlexiForce ELF System
The ELF Force Measurement System is a complete load and force measurement system with multi-point sensing and high speed capabilities.
Force Measurement System
The ELF™ system is a complete, cost-effective and user-friendly load and force measurement system. The system consists of data acquisition hardware, software (also available in high speed measuring up to 6,000 Hz), and three FlexiForce™ B201 sensors. The sensors include one for each of the following force ranges: Low 111 N (0-25 lb.), Medium 667 N (0-150 lb.) and High 4448 N (0-1000 lb.).
Purchase additional handles above to measure up to 16 points.
ELF™ Features and Benefits:
- The system utilizes paper-thin 0.203 mm (0.008 in.) FlexiForce B201 sensor technology.
- The plastic ELF handle contains data acquisition electronics with USB connection and patented interface to B201 sensors.
- Patented electronics allow you to optimize the performance of the ELF system over a selected force/load range. The electronics adjust the device sensitivity to best fit the dynamic range of the specific application. This allows you to "fine tune" FlexiForce sensors for optimal performance.
- Simple calibration procedures can deliver accuracies of ± 5%. More controlled procedures can reach an accuracy level of ± 3%.
For more detailed information on the ELF System, including how to set it up and take force measurements, please download the ELF User Manual.
Physical Properties of the B201 Sensor
Thickness: 0.203 mm (0.008 in.)
Length: 228.6 mm (9 in.) End-to-end
Width: 14 mm (.55 in.)
Active sensing area: 9.53 mm (0.375 in.) Diameter
Connector: Custom interface to ELF™ Data Acquisition System
Substrate: Polyester (ex: Mylar)
Recommended Max Force
|Sensor||Max Force (High Gain)||Max Force (Low Gain)|
|B201 - L||4.4 N (0 - 1 lb)||111 N (0 - 25 lb)|
|B201 - M||111 N (0 - 25 lb)||667 N (0 - 150 lb)|
|B201 - H||667 N (0 - 150 lb)||4448 N (0 - 1,000 lb)|
(Adjustable gain feature of the ELF System allows you to set force ranges)
Linearity (Error): < ±3% (Line drawn from 0 to 50% load)
Repeatability: < ±2.5% of Full Scale (Conditioned Sensor, 80% of Full Force Applied)
Hysteresis: < 4.5 % of Full Scale (Conditioned Sensor, 80% of Full Force Applied)
Drift: <5% / logarithmic time (Constant Load of 90% sensor rating)
Response Time: < 5 µsec (Time required for the sensor to respond to an input force; Impact load - recorded on Oscilloscope)
Operating Temperature: -40°C - 60°C (-40°F - 140°F)*
* Force reading change per degree of temperature change = ±0.36%/ºC (0.2%/ºF)
- Adjustable gain (lets you fine-tune the desired force range)
- Real-time graphic displays in strip chart, column graph, or digital readout
- Data retrieval and playback
- Ability to store and retrieve calibration files
- Internal triggering
- Sampling rates up to 200 Hz
- High-Speed version available, up to 6,000 Hz
- ASCII Output
- Compatible with Windows 7 and 8.1, but not Windows 10
If you purchase multiple handles you can measure up to 16 points. You may need to purchase a USB Hub to enable you to measure multiple points at one time.
*ELF™ handles starting with serial number 125 (see back of handle) are not compatible with ELF software 4.3 and above. Newer ELF handles starting with serial number 126 are only compatible with ELF software 4.3 and above.
Data Acquisition Electronics
Data Acquisition Electronics
Residing within the plastic ELF™ handle is the data acquisition hardware with USB connection. This patented interface ensures optimal performance of our FlexiForce™ sensors. The simple insertion of a FlexiForce sensor yields a powerful measurement tool.
Our patented electronics allow you to optimize the performance of the ELF system over a selected force/load range. The electronics adjust the device sensitivity to best fit the dynamic range of the specific application. This allows you to "fine tune" our single element sensors for optimal performance. Designed to be user friendly, simple calibration procedures can deliver accuracies of ± 5%. More controlled procedures can reach an accuracy level of ±3%. The ELF's innovative electronics provide high quality signals at distances of up to 30 feet from the PC.