We're Open! For Our COVID-19 Response & Impact News Visit Here.
Pressure Mapping to Improve Lithium-ion Battery Life and Performance
Learn how Tekscan Technology Helps Dynamically Measure Battery Enclosure Mechanics During Charge/Discharge Cycles
Did you know that a lithium-ion battery breathes?
Research has shown1 that the act of charging and discharging a li-ion battery produces changes in temperature, electrochemistry, and mechanics of its internal components. As lithium-ion battery designers strive to pack more capabilities into an ever-shrinking space, having a method to characterize interface pressure changes from charge/discharge cycles is critical for:
- Maintaining material spacing
- Controlling gassing, and
- Preventing excess swelling
In this live webinar, Camilo Aladro, Product Manager for Tekscan’s Pressure Mapping Division, will demonstrate how to use Tekscan technology to verify li-ion battery housing design in long-term cycle testing.
This Webinar will Cover:
- A technical overview of pressure mapping, and its role in battery design
- Recent research supporting stack-pressure measurement as a critical step in li-ion battery design validation
- Results from a real-world charge/discharge cycle test performed with the I-Scan™ system, and recommendations for interpreting pressure data to improve battery life & performance
(1) Cannarella, J., Arnold, C., “Stress Evolution and Capacity Fade in Constrained Lithium-Ion Pouch Cells” Journal of Power Sources. 245 (2014) 745-75 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpowsour.2013.06.165
Register for this Live Webinar!
Tuesday, September 29, 2020 | 11AM EDT
Can't make the live event? Register anyway, and we will provide you a recording when it is finished!
Pressure Mapping Product Manager