Resistive Force Sensing for Inventory Reporting
Challenge: Developing a real-time wireless inventory reporting system that can be customized for a variety of industries and conveniently accessed from the inventory manager's desk.
Solution: SSI Wireless (now called Right Hand Technology) utilized Tekscan's force sensor technology to develop a prototype Real Time Wireless Inventory Reporting system. This prototype system demonstrates how wireless electronics and resistive sensors can be applied in an inventory management system. The system developed is not commercially available, but can be altered for a variety of industries so you can take the product to market for your specific industry to report inventory levels of just about anything!
The prototype is designed to provide accurate and current inventory data.
A real time inventory of stock levels can:
- Improve order scheduling
- Avoid having to stop production caused by low inventory of a particular part
- Lower the cost associated with manual and repeated physical inventories
- Lower the cost associated with sales visits to check inventory
Benefits of Force Sensors
- Ultra-thin sensor construction and flexibility means minimal interference/disturbance to normal action
- Accurate response gives your customers and end users confidence in the performance of your product
- Knowledgeable, experienced technical staff help you develop the most effective, economical sensor based on your specific requirements. All manufacturing takes place at ISO 9001 compliant & 13485 registered Tekscan headquarters.
- 100% factory inspection ensures your sensors meet established performance specifications
Getting Started with FlexiForce™ Sensors
FlexiForce™ sensors are available off-the-shelf in packs of four or eight for testing and prototyping. Visit our online store to place an order, or contact us to discuss customization options with one of our engineers.