Now with our latest foray into the DTR and T-Scan, I am seeing some of the mistakes I have made in the past, some of the assumptions that were wrong. With this technology, we are helping people that we haven't been able to help before.
Dr. Rick Coker, DDS, FACE
DTR Therapy uses T-Scan™ digital occlusal analysis data to measure the impact of excursive movements on the occlusal plane. The goal is to identify contacts that may be overly engaging during excursive movements, a problem that can lead to hyperactive muscles, breakage, and TMD symptoms. The clinician evaluates the time it takes for posterior teeth to disengage during excursive movements and correlates the occlusal data to muscle activity in real time.
Using T-Scan to perform DTR Therapy allows the clinician to:
- Identify overly engaged contacts during excursive movements
- Evaluate how muscles are firing during bite cycles
- Verify occlusal contacts that could be contributing to TMD symptoms
- Use data to guide adjustment procedures
- Objectively analyze the timing of disclusion