We're Open! For Our COVID-19 Response & Impact News Visit Here.
Last update: May 25, 2018
Information We Collect
We collect information about you in two ways: information you provide to us and information we automatically collect. In either case we use the information primarily to communicate with you or improve our products & services, including this website (collectively, "Services").
Note: Where applicable and for your convenience we provide links to the privacy policies of third party services we use.
Information you provide to us
You voluntarily provide information to us when you enter your details about yourself on any form on this website or convey that information to us over the phone or in person. Some of this information is personal in nature and can be used to identify you. Below is a list of several ways that you submit such information to us:
- Contact forms. If you fill out a contact form you will be asked for your name, email address, phone number, and other identifiable information. We use this information so that we can effectively respond to your inquiry.
- Content forms. Tekscan regularly publishes downloadable content such as eBooks, webinars, case studies, whitepapers, and so on for the benefit of its audience. Much of this content is available after a visitor fills out the appropriate form on the website. Similar to contact forms, you will be asked to enter your name, email address, and other information in this process.
- Email. If you choose to correspond with us via email then you are at least providing us with your email address and your name.
eCommerce. Many of our products are available for immediate purchase in our webstore. Entering into a transaction with us via our website requires much more information than the above, including billing and shipping information, as well as credit card details. We use this transactional information to process your order. Some of this transactional information is stored on our web server. For payment processing we use Authorize.net or PayPal.
- User registrations. Although not required to transact with us online, a user could elect to register on our website. In doing so you would be asked to create a username and enter your email address.
- Blog subscriptions. Tekscan regularly publishes a blog. If you choose to subscribe to the blog then you will be asked for your email address, which is solely used to send you notifications of newly published blog posts.
- Phone calls. When you call us you will likely be asked for information such as your name, phone number, area of interest, and other information. We use that information to route your call to the appropriate department so that we may better serve you.
- Tradeshows. If you provide us with information at a tradeshow, such as through a business card or signing up to a newsletter, then that information could include your name and contact information.
Surveys. From time to time we may run surveys for a particular audience. Information provided by the visitor, such as name and email address, may identify that person.
Information we automatically collect
When you visit our website, we automatically collect certain information about your visit. Most of this information relates to the usage of our website and helps us improve our Services. Unlike information you provide to us, substantially all of the automatically-collected information is anonymized and aggregated.
- Website visitor logs. Visitor logs contain basic, timestamped information about visitors to our website including IP address, browser name and version, web page visited, device type, referring page, and so on. Our website logs are files located on our Apache web server, which only we have access to.
- Location information. We use your IP address to determine where your machine is physically located with reasonable certainty. For this we reference your machine's IP address with the American Registry of Internet Numbers (ARIN). Location information is used primarily to determine if you are a visitor from the EU, in order to comply with the GDPR.
- Website usage. Tekscan uses third party services such as Google Analytics and Marketo to monitor website usage and performance. Usage trackers such as these assist us primarily with improving and optimizing our website.
Digital advertising. Tekscan engages in digital advertising to drive awareness of our products. Certain information collected by a user who has clicked an ad or visited related pages on our website may be used to remarket (show ads to) to the user again. We rely on third parties for this process including Google AdWords, BingAds, and Facebook.
What do we use your information for?
We use information as described above for purposes of administering and expanding our business activities, providing customer service and making available other products and services to our customers and prospective customers. Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To carry out our Services. Your information is used for account setup and maintainence.
- To personalize your experience. Your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- To improve our website. We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising: We regularly analyze performance metrics of our advertising in order to provide our target audience with only the most relevant advertisements.
- To improve customer service: Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To communicate with you: The email address you provide may be used to send you information, relevant content, and updates. You may notify us at any time if you do not wish to receive these offers by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do we protect your personal information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information online when you browse, place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information. We only offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
Do we disclose any personal information to outside parties?
Tekscan will never rent or sell your personal information.
You agree that we may share your personal information with third parties as necessary to:
- Provide you with the website which you elect to use, including the processing of payments
- Allow third parties to provide us with their services
- Provide local support through authorized distributors
- Comply with laws and regulations or respond to litigation
- Allow advertising audits and analysis
- Allow us to engage a third party to perform surveys measuring your experiences and use of our website, products or services
- Allow designated third parties to assist with transactions, disputes and other matters regarding your use of our website, products or services
Your choices about your information
Regarding the collection and use of your information you have several choices:
- Limit information provided. To reduce the amount of information we collect about you you may choose to restrict your information to only fields that are required for us to carry our our Services.
- Unsubscribe or opt out. You may choose to unsubscribe from marketing emails or opt out completely at the time you submit information to us.
- Do not allow tracking scripts. Since we run third party tracking scripts to improve our website, you may choose to prevent such scripts from running.
- Set "Do Not Track" in your browser. You may elect to set your browser to send a "Do Not Track" signal. Currently, we do not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals for any browser except as required by the Europoean GDPR.
Your rights concerning your information
If you are located in certain countries, including those that fall under the scope of the GDPR, data protection laws give you rights with respect to your personal information, subject to any exemptions provided by the law. These rights include:
- Requesting access to your personal information
- Requesting correction or deletion of your personal information
- Objecting to our use and processing of your personal information
- Requesting that we limit our use and processing of your personal information
- Requesting portability of your personal information
Many of these actions can be effected via our Preference Center.
To Unsubscribe From Our Communications
You may unsubscribe from our marketing communications by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link located on the bottom of our emails or by sending us an email at email@example.com or by postal mail to the contact address below.
Customers cannot opt out of receiving transactional emails related to online purchases.
Third Party Links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party websites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked websites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our website and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Third party links include links to established social media websites such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Google+.
Children's Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We do not knowingly collect any information from anyone known to be under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
Terms and Conditions
You are consenting to Tekscan collecting and using your personal information to directly communicate with you. Tekscan may send you communications on but not limited to new products, eBooks, webinars, case studies, events, education opportunities, and general communications. You may withdraw your consent at any time and/or ask Tekscan to completely remove all personal details from our records.
You are not obliged to provide such consent but if you decide not to then your participation in certain activities may be restricted.
307 West 1st Street
South Boston, MA 02127 USA