The Dawson Academy's Art & Science of Equilibration - June 2023 (FL)
This restorative dentistry course how to implement a process of occlusal therapy within their dental practice.
- Design a stable, minimal stress occlusion (lines on the front, dots on the back).
- Recognize when to equilibrate your patient, and when other options should be considered.
- Identify how to schedule the equilibration appointment.
- Choose appropriate articulation paper to mark each type of occlusal interference.
- Assess when an occlusal splint should be considered prior to reshaping, repositioning or restoring.
- Evaluate how to efficiently equilibrate the natural dentition.
- Select, train and work with a dental assistant to efficiently adjust an occlusal splint and/or equilibrate the dentition.
- Verify when to use a full arch occlusal splint, and when to use an anterior deprogramming appliance.
Target Audience: General Dentists, Specialists
CE Credits: 20
CE Codes: #010 (1.5L), #130 (.5L), #180 (4L, 5P) and #730 (3.5L, 5.5P)
Class Hours: Day 1 and 2 – 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Day 3 – 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Recommended Prerequisite: Functional Occlusion- Protocols to Put Your Practice in the Top 10%, Examination and Records, Treatment Planning Functional Esthetic Excellence, Achieving Predictable Esthetic Results