DTR Summit: The Non-Appliance Approach to Treating Occluso-Muscle Disorders - October
Dr. Kerstein will host the Disclusion Time Reduction Summit in Las Vegas, NV. DTR Therapy uses the T-Scan™ digital occlusal analysis system to measure the impact of excursive movements on the occlusal plane. The goal is to identify contacts that may be overly engaging during excursive movements, a problem that can lead to hyperactive muscles, breakage, and TMD symptoms. The clinician evaluates the time it takes for posterior teeth to disengage during excursive movements and correlates the occlusal data to muscle activity in real time.
This course will teach you a minimally invasive way to diagnose and treat patients experiencing TMD signs and symptoms through managing occlusion. Learn from two of the leaders in Disclusion Time Reduction (DTR) Therapy, Dr Robert Kerstein and Dr Ben Sutter, through lectures, live patient treatment, and hands-on workshops.
What You Will Learn
- Define what Disclusion Time Reduction (DTR) Therapy is and the science and research behind it
- Evaluate and diagnose clinical DTR cases
- Gain skills and interpreting data with hands-on clinical demonstrations for occlusal analysis
- Demonstrate what you learn to live patient treatment
- Assess when and when not to treat patients with DTR
- Formulate how DTR can be applied to other areas of dentistry
- This course will be a combination of lecture and demonstration
About the Presenters
Robert Kerstein, DMD is recognized as a leading author and researcher in the field of Computerized Occlusal Analysis. He has published several reviewed publications, authored textbook chapters, and most recently, has collaborated as Head Editor with 16 international authors to create the Handbook of Research on Computerized Occlusal Analysis Applications in Dental Medicine.
Ben Sutter, DMD has been studying and treating TMJ dysfunction since going into private practice in 2008. In that time, he has sought advanced education and training in treating neuromuscular issues. His studies have taken him to the Las Vegas Institute, and the Piper Education and Research Center, as well as becoming Perfect Bite Doctor certified.
Contact Kadee or Tamara, 541-683-7500
SPACE IS LIMITED! Register HERE!