Force Sensitive Trailer Brake Controller
FlexiForce® sensors incorporated into force sensitive finger control for manual trailer brake activation.
Force Sensing Used for Manual Trailer Brake Development
GHSP, an innovator in the automotive industry for over 50 years, prides itself on developing products with engineering and design that is sleek and innovative. For this reason, GHSP chose the FlexiForce force sensor for the Odyssey II. This handheld trailer brake device is used in tow vehicles to perform several functions. Most significantly:
1. Through the use of an accelerometer, the Odyssey II senses how quickly the tow vehicle is braking. This in turn controls the trailer’s brakes to mimic the tow car’s deceleration.
2. It contains an exclusive force sensitive finger control (FlexiForce) for manual trailer brake activation. This is used in situations where more fine-tuned trailer braking activity is required. For example, when a tow vehicle is backing a trailer containing a boat into water, the user has more control over the braking level of the trailer. Previously, a manual sliding lever was used for this process. Now, the harder a button is pushed, the greater amount of force that is applied to the FlexiForce sensor. Thus, more brake power is applied. This allows the user better control over the power applied to the trailer brakes.
FlexiForce Sensor in Manual Trailer Brake
benefits of flexiforce sensors
- Ultra-thin sensor construction and flexibility means minimal interference/disturbance to normal action
- Accurate response gives your customers and end users confidence in the performance of your product
- Knowledgeable, experienced technical staff help you develop the most effective, economical sensor based on your specific requirements. All manufacturing takes place at ISO 9001 & 13485 certified Tekscan headquarters.
- 100% factory inspection ensures your sensors meet established performance specifications