TEKSCAN COMPUTER REQUIREMENTS
For your Tekscan system to function properly, your computer must meet or exceed the following requirements:
Suggested Minimum Computer Requirements (desktop or laptop) for all Tekscan Systems
- Intel Pentium 2 GHz or higher processor1 with 2 GB RAM
- 1 GB hard drive and 1 CD ROM drive
- Windows XP (SP2), Vista (32- or 64-bit), 7 (32- or 64-bit), or 8 (32- or 64-bit) operating system2
Requirements for Optional Video Synch Features (in addition to the above requirements)3
- Additional 20 GB Hard drive space (ATA-33, 7200 RPM speed) on the main computer
- Firewire (iLink or IEEE1394) or USB port on the main computer
- Digital Video camcorder with Firewire (iLink or IEEE1394) or USB connection4, or webcam5 with USB connection
- Requirements for HD Video Playback: Pentium P4 class PC (2.4 GHz or higher), Windows XP (SP2 or later) or Vista, 2 GB minimum RAM
- Video Synch with GigE cameras require a host computer with GigE port, Intel i7 multiple core CPU or equivalent, disk that supports sustained write transfer rate up to 1,000 Mbits/sec and sufficient capacity for large video files. Tekscan must know the user name and contact information for third-party run-time software license.
1 - TireScan systems using the 8408 sensors and Walkway systems using the 7101 sensors that require scan rates higher than 60 Hz. require a computer with a 2 GHz or higher dual core processor.
2 - A computer equipped with internal or external Wi-Fi (802.11b/g/n) adapter is required to operate VersaTek Wireless systems.
3 - Video Synch is not available with T-Scan, FlexiForce ELF, I-Scan Lite, I-Scan Handheld, CONFORMat Handheld, and Wiper systems.
4 - Camcorders connected via USB cannot record simultaneously with Tekscan movie (*.fsx) files. You can, however, import these videos separately into the Tekscan software and synchronize them after they are imported.
5 - Webcams connected via USB 1.0 may suffer from dropped frames. A USB 2.0 connection between the Computer and camera is recommended.